1. Young Aaron Holder sets out on his career in engineering – an apprenticeship in avionics for the aircraft and spacecraft of the future – and gets his HNC under his belt.
2. Aaron decides he needs more contact with people and more opportunities to progress. He takes a big leap into a completely new career in construction with Whitescape.
3. Aaron gets day release to study for a BSc in Construction Management. He’s learning about subjects that are directly relevant to his job – and gets far more responsibility at work!
4. Studying in his own time is hard work. In Year 1, Aaron only scrapes a pass at 41%. It’s a turning point. In Year 2 Aaron delivers a brilliant 74% first grade result.
5. He goes on to get an 81% grade in Construction Technology. Aaron comes 8th out of 127 students and is well on the way to the first class degree he wants.
Meanwhile, with Whitescape, he’s getting experience in every key aspect of construction, using all the skills he’s learned, and aiming for early professional recognition